Maybe this time is different...
Every. Single. One.
The racism that's been driving our societal systems for centuries has finally reached a breaking point. People around the world are fed up. Some are confused. Others are downright angry.
Whatever you're feeling now is OK. We've never been through anything quite like this before.
What's not OK is yelling and screaming at other people, regardless of who they are. Screaming and pointing fingers has never solved anything. Neither have arguments on social media.
The sad reality is that facts and figures rarely convince anyone of anything. It's how we feel about it that matters.
Where we make progress is when we have meaningful, heartfelt discussions. When we have a true desire to learn instead of defend. When we actually listen to each other.
We can be compassionate *and* be anti-racist.
Based on my signature approach, Compassionate Diversity®, Compassionate Anti-racism™ takes a holistic look at racism and current events, and teaches us how to have meaningful, heart-centered conversations about these difficult topics.
Compassionate Anti-racism is not an excuse for the historic and systemic issues that are in place. Rather, it helps us all understand the complex and different roles we play within the system, and how to connect at the heart to have discussions that actually help everyone (and our society) make progress.I'm interested!
Got questions? We've got answers!
Below are the answers to the most asked questions in our recent survey on anti-racism:
Compassionate Anti-racism is not for you if...
- You always know the right thing to say.
- You're a small business owner, entrepreneur, or organizational leader who is confident in your messaging around social justice and equity.
- You’re already a master at navigating difficult conversations.
- You're familiar with all of the terminology and the complex history of systemic racism.
- You know exactly how to change policies, procedures and structures to create equity.
- You’re unforgiving of yourself and others.
- You’re not comfortable facing difficult truths about yourself.
- You tend to think there's one "right" and one "wrong" way to do things.
- You want everyone to "get it."
- You'd just rather not get involved.
- You're struggling to find the right words to say.
- You are nervous about saying the wrong thing at the wrong time and negatively impacting your business or organization.
- You want to get better at having difficult conversations.
- You could use help with understanding the complexities of race and racism and where you fit in, no matter what the color of your skin is.
- You're not sure how to make the changes necessary to bring about equity in your organization and community.
- You're OK with messing up every now and then (and you give others space to mess up).
- You’re open to taking a hard look in the mirror and want to improve.
- You’re open-minded and willing to listen to other perspectives.
- You understand that we're all in different places on our journey, based on our personal learning and experiences.
You're willing to share your stories and have meaningful conversations.
Meet your guide on this journey...
I'm Susan McCuistion, and I'm a #1 Best-selling Business Author who has been speaking, facilitating, coaching and consulting in the field of diversity and inclusion for over 25 years. I've worked globally with businesses leaders and executives from small business all the way up to Fortune 500 companies, helping them to improve their business efficiency and effectiveness through a better understanding of their approach to cultural commonalities and differences. I'm certified in multiple cultural tools and assessments, and I have presented at conferences and on webinars for organizations like The Conference Board and Human Capital Institute. My quotes and insights have appeared in articles in The New York Times and for publications by the Society of Human Resources Management (SHRM).
Tell me more...
Compassionate Anti-racism™ is an interactive, online 4-week program using live seminars and group coaching, along with individual learning to help you:
- Build self-awareness and personal understanding so you can become more aware of potential limitations in your own perspectives;
- Learn and practice navigating difficult conversations around racism and related topics with people who think differently than you do;
- Become a well-balanced advocate in standing for equity and justice for all people.
YES! Let me know how I can be a Compassionate Anti-racist™!
Sign up below, and we'll let you know when enrollment opens!